FindCarrie - AGH - Missing & Murdered Person Blog

Information on missing and murdered people and the issues surrounding their cases. ***No material on this site is to be redistributed or rewritten - Copyright Find Carrie Culberson***

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Saying Goodbye To Patrice Endres 1-15-06

Today we said goodbye to Patrice Endres at the Coal Mtn. Baptist Church in Cumming, GA. Patrice's remains were discovered behind a church in Dawsonville, GA 602 days after she vanished on April 15, 2004. To date, Patrice's cause of death is unknown.

Sueann Ray's dad, Danny Jenkins made the three hour drive from South Carolina to attend Patrice's funeral. He had met Patrice's husbdand, Rob Endres the day the filmed for Geraldo.
It was hard for me to even get ready today. I knew that today would be the final event for Patrice and that she was indeed gone. I made it to the church and met with Sueann's dad where we all sat waiting for the service to begin.

Many people spoke fondly of Patrice and how she was always a friend to everyone and always in a good mood. How could anyone want to harm Patrice? It is still believed by many that Jeremy Jones is still the person who murdered Patrice, but others are not sure. They think it could've been someone else but there's no evidence to support that. Jones remains the main suspect in Patrice's disappearance and murder. He was sentenced in Alabama just five days before Patrice was found behind the church to die for murdering Lisa Marie Nichols.

This is all very hard for me to process. I had resolved myself to believe that Patrice was in the river and would never be found. When she came home, I was given more hope that sometimes these cases are solved.

Patrice's husband and I talked tonight after all the people left and went home. He said that nothing is holding him here in Georgia and he may return soon to his home in California. I asked him if he had it all to do over again and he knew what he knows today, would he have ever talked to Patrice that day when they met? He said that although this has turned out in a horrible way, he would never want to change the 10 happy years he had with Patrice. I dont blame him. I told him that we would do whatever he wanted but we did not want to take down Patrice's website because it was Patrice's and so many people went there to visit with her. He wants to keep Patrice's site in place and I know I do. Somehow I felt that although today's memorial was some sort of closure for what happened to Patrice, I'm still left with an emptiness that she's gone now and nothing is going to bring her back. Where will I be now that I'm not looking for her? It will be hard for me to take down Patrice's face from the collage of missing people that are on my board who need to come home. Patrice is home and this chapter has closed. Tonight and many more days to come, my mind will wander back to that warm night when I could hear the helicopters flying over the town searching for Patrice. Wondering where she could be, was time running out, and was she ok. She knows somehow how hard we searched for her and all the changes that went on in my own personal journey through life because of her disappearance. Rest peacefully Patrice. You are now home and we will find out who is responsible for this. You'll live on in my heart and many others always. I'm sure I'll write more about Patrice in the future. Make sure you visit her website to view the booklet from her memorial today. I wanted everyone to be able to see this who were unable to attend the memorial today.

Memorial for Patrice

We little knew that morning that God was going to call your name. In life we loved you dearly, in death we do the same. It broke our hearts to lose you, you did not alone; for part of us went with you, the day God called you home. You left us peaceful memories, your love is still our guide; and though we cannot see you, you are always at our side. Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same; but as God calls us one by one; the Chain will link again.

This blog entry is dedicated to Patrice Endres and all other missing and murdered people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter