FindCarrie - AGH - Missing & Murdered Person Blog

Information on missing and murdered people and the issues surrounding their cases. ***No material on this site is to be redistributed or rewritten - Copyright Find Carrie Culberson***

Thursday, April 27, 2006

What Happened to John Fiocco

On Saturday, March 25, 2006, John Fiocco went to bed in his dorm according to his roommates after a night of drinking any partying. Shortly thereafter, John Fiocco vanished into thin air.
After a closer look, blood was found near a trash dumpster outside of John’s dormitory. It was believed that John may have gone through the trash chute straight into the dumpster. Further testing revealed that it was John’s blood that had spilled outside the trash bin, leaving authorities to suspect something more sinister may have happened to John on March 25th.
A massive search was launched with the New Jersey State Police searching for John in the nearby landfill. The search would go on for days with no luck. Just one day before reports stated the search was about to end for John, his body was found in the rubble.

John’s remains were badly decomposed and his identification was made from dental records. Police have not ruled John’s disappearance and death a homicide but classify it as “suspicious”.

There are many unanswered questions surrounding John’s death. Many question how he could go through a 2x2 trash chute without any assistance. Many people want to know if John was murdered and then placed in the trash, or was he alive and then crushed by the compacter? These are horrible thoughts that any family should have to think when they’ve lost a loved one like this. I believe John’s death was planned and he died as a result of foul play.

John’s autopsy is incomplete at this time. Surely the report will reveal what really happened to John and give authorities direction in their investigation.

Related Article:

Authorities confirmed Wednesday that the body found in a Pennsylvania landfill has been identified as a missing college freshman from Mantua.
While noting their investigation was not complete, police said there is no evidence of foul play.
Officials confirmed that the body found Tuesday was that of John Fiocco Jr., the former Clearview Regional High School track star who disappeared exactly one month earlier from his dormitory at The College of New Jersey.
State police Superintendent Col. Rick Fuentes said there was "a voluminous amount of blood evidence" found in a dormitory trash bin early in the investigation, and Mercer County Prosecutor Joseph Bocchini cited numerous fractures to the body.
But, officials say, the circumstances are consistent with having gone through the dormitory trash system and that investigators may never fully unravel the mystery.
"There continues to be no evidence of foul play," Fuentes said at a news conference at TCNJ.
A woman answering the phone at the Fiocco home said the family would have no comment. On Tuesday, the student's uncle, Joseph Fiocco, thanked police for "bringing closure" to the case and urged anyone with information on his nephew's death to come forward.
TCNJ President Barbara Gitenstein said the entire college community was deeply saddened but that its sorrow paled to what is being experienced by Fiocco's loved ones.
"Our feelings are a mere shadow of what John's family must be feeling," Gitenstein said.
The popular athlete and graphic design major was last seen early in the morning March 25 after a night of drinking with friends. Fiocco, who lived on the fourth floor of his dormitory hall, wound up in a trash bin in the dormitory's basement, but Mercer County Prosecutor Joseph Bocchini said officials still do not know whether he went down the trash chute or got there some other way.
Injuries found during the autopsy were consistent with going through the dormitory's trash system, which moves garbage out of the Dumpster, Bocchini said. He indicated the body was still fairly intact and showed no evidence of bullet or stab wounds but said it was unknown whether fractures were sustained before or after death.
Fiocco was identified through dental records, though DNA testing will take place for final confirmation, Bocchini said.
An autopsy by the Mercer County medical examiner, which will include toxicology screening, could take four to six weeks.
The search brings to an end a painstaking 23-day search through two Bucks County landfills involving 35 law enforcement officers and troopers from New Jersey and Pennsylvania state police and other departments. With assistance from landfill owner Waste Management Inc., police and company workers went through 3,450 tons from a select area of the landfill, covering one acre to a depth of 25 feet, Fuentes said.
Fuentes said officials have talked to more than 1,000 TCNJ students and workers and have interviewed more than 150 friends, associates and family members. Authorities say they have found no "persons of interest" or suspects.
The search also covered the entire trash chute in the 10-story dormitory and Dumpsters, as well as college grounds, woods, lakes and rooftops.
Authorities sought to deflect any blame from college maintenance workers, who saw liquid at the trash bin but did not consider it suspicious until a police search later revealed blood and blood-soaked material in and around the Dumpster. By then, the trash was on its way to a Trenton compacting station, then a landfill.
Officials said it is not unusual for liquids to drip out of the trash.
The search threw the entire college into chaos, leaving students in fear and disrupted from their routines.
TCNJ junior Serena Miller, 21, of Marlton, said she is glad to have confirmation that Fiocco's body had been found so the rumors can stop. The entire situation has been unsettling, she said.
"It's really been anxious because this is like our home," she said, talking of the dining hall and reporters roaming the campus.
As unsettling as it was for the college, troopers and police were burdened by similar emotions, said Lt. William Robb, who oversaw operations at the Tullytown landfill.
"Most of us have children," Robb said. "You can't help to have compassion for the family, knowing what happened."


Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter